Chocolate Keto Lava Cake
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 2 ounces (55g) high-quality chocolate, 85% cocoa
- 1 tablespoon (8g) almond flour
- 2 ounces (56g) grass-fed ghee, plus more for greasing
- 2 pastured eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol monk fruit blend, such as Lakanto
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol monk fruit blend
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 cup 85% chocolate chunks
- Optional: Maldon salt, almond butter, fresh raspberries or powdered coconut milk, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two ramekins very generously with ghee.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt the two ounces of chocolate and ghee and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a mixer or by hand with a whisk, beat eggs, vanilla, and salt until frothy.
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture, along with almond flour. Mix until combined.
- Fill two ramekins halfway with the batter. Add chocolate chunks, then cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 9 minutes, or until tops are set but still jiggly. Cook time will vary on oven and the size of your ramekins. Lava cake will appear raw, but it sets very quickly — avoid overbaking, since it will produce a dry and gummy cake.
- Allow keto lava cakes to cool for a minute before inverting onto serving plates (use an angled spatula if necessary).
- Serve immediately with suggested garnishes.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 559
- Total Fat: 52g
- Saturated Fat: 30g
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- Sodium: 62mg
- Total Carbs: 27.9g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugars: 2.3g
- Sugar Alcohols: 18g
- Net Carbs: 4.4g
- Protein: 9.7g
- Vitamin D: 15mcg
- Calcium: 24mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 62mg